The challenges you and your team are facing amid this pandemic are real.
Access to both your customers and your sales team may be limited and strained during social distancing and virtual work environments. It’s likely that, when doors open again, it won’t be business as usual.
You may find yourself asking, what can I do, right now, to proactively support my customers in the months to come? Instead, ask yourself and your team these questions:
- How has this pandemic changed the key metrics or priorities of your customer? How can you find out?
- What alternative strategy can you implement now to neutralize your high influencer adversaries in the account?
- What are two ways you can begin to strengthen your advocates’ support for your solutions now?
- Who is our competition speaking to that we’re not? Who can you talk to now to find out?
- What decision criteria other than “price” is your customer using to compare us against the competition?
- Whose decision criteria in the account matters most? Who can validate that for you?
If the answers are difficult to come by or difficult to articulate, this may be an opportune time to re-evaluate the strategies you have in place. Clarity around questions like these drives acceleration of opportunities in your pipeline. Make this time count. Don’t wait until the pandemic is over to simply pick up where you left off.
To help better support your team’s strategic thinking in developing a proactive strategy to leverage key influencers in their accounts, we’ve created an online learning module—available to you, for free, for the next 90 days.
We’re all in this together. Let us know how we can continue helping you ignite your strategy.
Steve Gielda and Kevin Jones